Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Psalm 9:10

Those who know Your Name will trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You.

My apologies for missing last week's blog entry!  Monday was a holiday and suddenly it was the weekend!  I nearly missed this week's entry due to battling a virus.  Another school year, another blast of germs!

I have come to realize in reviewing my diary that I am weaving a tale.  I will strive to share things with this purpose in mind.  Therefore, how's about another diary entry from 1990?  We left training in Georgia briefly to attend two weddings and visit family in Minnesota and North Dakota.  Our time of training in Georgia was winding down... 

07-09-90

We're back!  We had nine days of weddings, dancing, GREAT FOOD, visiting, driving, being wanted, being loved, being cared for and cared about!  Thank You Abba!  I'm going to nod off.  Thank you God for Your care of us.  It is complete.  Amen

07-10-90

Today in training we will cover construction.  I don't try to do all the readings.  Naughty me.  Hope I don't get "crawled."  I feel a lack of pressure and worry and concern.  Thank You Abba.  I'm glad I'm going through training with my thorough, detail oriented hubby.  He takes good care of me and the kiddies.  Because God loves us, we will be OK.  I like construction.  I'll get a hammer high, I hope!  I've cleared up my glasses, and hearing aid problems.  For now.  Which is enough!  Thank You Abba!  We talked with BD yesterday.  He has been with Habitat for Humanity for two months.  Everyone is new around here!

I'm looking forward to language school in Guatemala and settling down in our new home.

Fund raising should be enjoyable, too.  Speak for an hour and be free!  Hopefully with friends and family to enjoy it with us before we slip away.

I felt a welcome surge of "my parenting is just fine"yesterday.  More!  More!  It was a good feeling.  We all played Frisbee and swinging and sliding in the park.  It was oh-so-good. A. and I are good parents.  Thank you Abba!

07-11-90

Yesterday was construction.  We learned about the Wood Mizer; a portable saw mill.  Exciting idea and fun doing hands-on stuff.

Today we will be inside (Ah!).  It was HOT yesterday.

A. is doing his "till the end of class"countdown.  I'm enjoying each day as is.  I know class will be over in a flash.  I'm gonna miss these people!

Fundraising should be enjoyable and varied.  I'm definitely looking forward to getting settled in our new home.  With a routine and a stableness.  And living happily ever after.  I really feel good about Bolivia.  I want heat for our bedrooms, though I hope I'm happy even without it.  I feel we will have it pretty nice in La Paz, Bolivia, in a rental.  All the HFH partners that I've heard about that had rentals seemed to think it was good.

My worst scenario?  No heaters.  Cramped and crowded.  No place for the kids to play.  Dark.  Cloudy and windy everyday.  Dirty.  Smelly from pollution from the factories.  And sewage.

My best scenario?  Sunny.  Big rooms.  Heaters.  Electricity.  Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment